[LargeFormat] Scanning large format transparencies

Frantisek Vlcek largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 8 12:07:17 2002

what about your enlarger's head serving as the light source? It should
be the most uniform source you can get I think.

BTW, most flatbeds calibrate themselves before each scan, by scanning
a "white" patch hidden from your view inside the box. This serves as
reference white. The flatbeds which can use trannie adapters usually
scan a part of the light from the adapter outside film area which
serves as the reference point. So you will need to shine light at that
spot too (e.g. my flatbed's trannie mask has a cutout where it
calibrates itself). If your scanner doesn't have the option of OEM
trannie adapter, you would be much more lucky to make it all work, as
the scan would be uncalibrated. Propably ok to scan B&W on such
scanner, though.

HTH,

Good light!
     Frantisek Vlcek