[LargeFormat] DeVere 8x10 Enlarger Photos

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 25 10:22:40 2001

I saw one of these at an auction once. the one I saw ran on rails and
they used it in a large room as their large print machine. In the same
room was a 55" roll paper cutter and a metal "easel" (a wall actually)
with lots of magnetic strips.

For a couple of moments I contemplated using it but I'd have to bury the
rails in the basement floor, and since I live in an old house with a
stone foundation, sure as shooting somebody's gonna claim that those
rails in the floor were used in the underground railroad. (Ignoring,
among other things that my house was built in 1901)

If I really wanted to, the Besler 45mx with an 8x10 head would work for
height. With a WA Componon I might get 3X which is 20x30. but by the
time you add taxes, titles and dealer prep, It's over $3,000. I hate to
say it, but I could probably make more money sinking the same thing into
a D30 or D1X.

Les