[LargeFormat] The second day of the Test....

Kent Gibbs largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 24 18:26:03 2001

When my wife and I were in London a year ago last September, I flipped
on the television and watched part of a cricket 'match'.  I never
figured out what the object of the game was (I think the guy with the
bat was try to keep the guy pitching from hitting the wicker, I believe
it's called).  Beyond that it made very little sense to me.  I'll stick
to baseball American style thank you. It did help with the jet lag
though, put me right to sleep.

Merry Christmas to all

Vegemite Virgin in the U.S.

--- Brock Nanson <brock@nanson.org> wrote:
> I had always wondered why it was called 'test' cricket... that is
> until I
> spent Christmas down under a few years back.  Now I understand that
> it's
> just short for something else, or whatever you want to make it short
> for:
>
> test your patience (will something interesting EVER happen?)
> test your attention span (if they can stand there all day, I can sit
> here
> all day)
> test your bladder (can't go now, something MIGHT happen!)
> test your marriage (are you going to sit there ALL DAY??)
>
> I could add more, but you get the idea I'm sure...
>
> They don't even fight (so it wouldn't go over here in Canada)!
>
> Merry Christmas to all!
>
> Brock

=====
Kent M. Gibbs