[LargeFormat] Re: Homemade camera stands, in the studio.

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Sun Dec 23 18:30:05 2001

Hello new friends!  As a fairly new owner of medium format, and my "new" 1948
Graphic View, i needed new stuff.  I have a good heavy duty tripod, but I am
experimenting with small table-top setups, to learn the limits of my lenses,
for both systems.  My table-top setup is 2 feet x 3 feet.  (those would be
U.S. feet, for those of you East of our ocean)     I am a good ameature
woodworker, so i made a frame, from 2x3 inch wood, to straddle the tabletop
setup.  It is 6 feet tall.  In the center of the 2 uprights, I cut a piece
out 1/4 inch wide, by 5 feet, so i can shide the crossbar, to whatever height
I need.  I tighten it down with 1/4 inch lag boltd, to lock it at the height.
 From the crossbar, i have a length of 2x3 inch pine, with an aluminum piece
of corner, which i mounted a 1/4 x 20 threaded bolt, to hold the Hallesblad
directly over the setup.  I have 2 foot of wood, hanging over the other end
of the camera mount wood, to add counterweights.

this could be adapted to hold the 4x5 also, and I will.   Just a thought,
from a new room member...   Don