[LargeFormat] 6x17cm Format on 5x7 Cameras

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Dec 14 12:54:05 2001

At 9:24 am -0800 14/12/01, Les Newcomer wrote:
>Clive Warren wrote:
>
>  > now have mark three version that is simply a one sided dark slide and
>>  that seems to work well as long as it is pushed fully home in the
>  > holder to straighten it up.
>
>take a look at the two black wood pieces in the last pic of this auction
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1303287851
>
>I don't know where they go, but they certainly look like original
>dividers to me!

Thanks for that Les - definitely seem intended to allow split 5x7
formats - portrait and landscape. Would make sense if they somehow
slotted into the 5x7 back.

That's a lovely camera BTW - someone had a good deal. Did you notice
the 4x4 metal lens board adapter on the front?  Not a particularly
good solution as it may allow light in at the edges. Really needs a
4x4 rebate to work properly. That's my next project on a number of
wooden lens boards.....

I have the sister tripod for that camera - currently supporting a 5x7 Korona.

Had I seen that auction before it ended may have been tempted!