[LargeFormat] Reciprocacy of Polaroid film (type 54)

Sunneyday largeformat@f32.net
Wed Dec 5 11:14:13 2001

Have you tried "normal" photography with it. What I do know is that
PolPan Pro 100 takes much better images in bright daylight and quite
poorly at dim light and flash exposure.  So reciprocity may be an issue.

BUT, let's analyze ...

If it were underexposed, including not pulling your darkslide, your
polprint would be dark or BLACK !
If it were overexposed or not processed, it would be washed out or WHITE
!

Did you set the lever to process before you pulled out the sleeve?
Feel the chem pods of the fresh film and see if they are still nice and
soft, slightly bulked out, but don't squeeze too hard.  It could be a
dry pod on the failure film.

I don't know if Polaroid has changed their way of doing things, but the
end of the silvery box should read "EXP month / year", stamped on it as
to expire.  2004 is way too wide a time for perishable products.  BTW it
will store nicely way past exp date if kept in a ziplock bag in the
fridge (not freezer). Unopened packs don't even need the ziplock bag.

Allow to warm up before using it tho.

TigerShark