[LargeFormat] Recent Virus

Verna Knapp largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 1 18:26:37 2001

philip Lambert wrote:

> Curiously I just this minute had a message from Scoot.com that something I
> sent them had a virus. What is strange about this is I never sent them
> anything. Are you confident about your virus-free list?  Philip

There are viruses which operate by sending email to addresses found on
your computer without you having anything to do about it. Once your
computer is infected, they spread themselves on their own.

There was one that hit the UK this last week that had this
characteristic. It is doubtless all over the world by now. I forget the
name, unfortunately.

Verna

--
 "The world is its own magic."