[LargeFormat] Re: world's largest pinhole camera

Guy Glorieux largeformat@f32.net
Tue Nov 27 09:21:31 2001

Les Newcomer wrote:

> Watching Buses, trucks and squirrels were the most fun

This was my greatest pleasure when I was a kid.  I didn't know anything
about photography or pinholes or Camera Obscura.  It was just sort of
happening with a slit in my bedroom's curtain and I would love it in the
morning or when I was supposed to take the afternoon nap...

Ilan Wolf in France travels with a pinholized van around Europe and makes
these fantastic 6 foot tall images directly fom pinholes in the van and
processed with a mop in the floor of the van...

There is also a photographer (who'se name I forgot) who photographs the
pinhole images on the wall of hotel rooms around the US.  These are
striking images, since he has both the inverted pinhole image on the
wall/ceiling and the image of the hotel room.  These require extremely long
exposures.  I wonder how he deals with reciprocity failure.  It must be
enormous.

Cheers,

Guy Glorieux