[LargeFormat] world's largerst pinhole camera

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon Nov 26 10:56:44 2001

I often talked about pin hole cameras with my wife.

In fact at one point I made a bet on who painted a famous painting.

She put up her condo, I put up my Hasselblad.

I lost.

So I made a pinhole camera out of the Hassy box and sent it to her but
she never used it.

She still doesn't believe a hole in a board can make an image.

So this weekend I took a pile of shirt cardboard, some black photo tape
and a hole punch and made my daughter's room into a camera obscura.

I figure if Harry Potter can live in a cupboard, Elise can live in a
camera. :)

It was fun. I had two apertures. One 1/4" dia paper hole punch and the
other was about the size of a dime (1/2")

With the dime size hole, I could see the neighbors house projected on
the opposite wall, with the 1/4 inch hole I could make out much more
detail in the sidewalk, curb and stripes inthe road.

Watching Buses, trucks and squirrels were the most fun

Les Newcomer