[LargeFormat] mounting prints

Dave Southwood largeformat@f32.net
Thu Nov 22 02:04:16 2001

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C17334.F5695860

thanks for the advice on mounting. the method which involves hanging the =
print(thanks to the 'good doctor' brock) appeals to me the most for its =
minimalism. i believe fuji crystal archive paper is not temperamental, =
its brow doesnt crease easily, so hanging it could be the way forward. =
the matte which has been mentioned, i presume, is a porous, breathable =
lineny material which separates the back of the print from a firmer =
board?? does anyone have ideas on materials with industrial applications =
which might serve the purpose of its specifically designed cousin? there =
still being a dearth of customised materials in SA. is this an a =
accurate description of a cross-section of a sensibly framed picture =
from the aspect of the viewer:

glass; gap of air; print; thin slivers of archival tape at top of print; =
matte; board   ???

make any sense?

does anyone know if my 15cm voigtlander apo lanthar has nuclear =
capabilities?

dave southwood
flat 1, coronation mansions
42 warren street
tamboerskloof
cape town
8001
south africa

+27 82 8543363 mobile
+27 21 4247992 home

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C17334.F5695860

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>thanks for the advice on mounting. the method which =
involves=20
hanging the print(thanks to the 'good doctor' brock) appeals to me the =
most for=20
its minimalism. i believe fuji crystal archive paper is not =
temperamental, its=20
brow doesnt crease easily, so hanging it could be the way forward. the =
matte=20
which has been mentioned, i presume, is a porous, breathable lineny =
material=20
which separates the back of the print from a firmer board?? does anyone =
have=20
ideas on materials with industrial applications which might serve the =
purpose of=20
its specifically designed cousin? there still being a dearth of =
customised=20
materials in SA. is this an a accurate description of a cross-section of =
a=20
sensibly framed picture from the aspect of the viewer:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>glass; gap of air; print; thin slivers of archival =
tape at top=20
of print; matte; board&nbsp;&nbsp; ???</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>make any sense?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>does anyone know if my 15cm voigtlander apo lanthar =
has=20
nuclear capabilities?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>dave southwood<BR>flat 1, coronation mansions<BR>42 =
warren=20
street<BR>tamboerskloof<BR>cape town<BR>8001<BR>south =
africa</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>+27 82 8543363 mobile<BR>+27 21 4247992=20
home<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C17334.F5695860--