[LargeFormat] Vacuum Easels

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Fri Aug 24 18:36:15 2001

I have an 8x10 Fotar enlarger with a vacuum table.
It consists of 1/32 in wide X 1/32 deep groves milled in the table.
This goes to a Vacuum pump.
If I were you I'd make a box 4 in deep by whatever dimension you need.
Cover it with 1/4in thick masonite. This masonite MUST be supported
underneath so it does not bow in. The supports should have 1 in holes
in them. Drill a series of 1/32 in holes in the table just inside the paper
dimension. There should be a valve to prevent the shop vac from over
revving
and over heating. Seal the seams with silicone sealer.
Ken