[LargeFormat] Wista technical and Schneider lenses II, portrait

Don Wilkes largeformat@f32.net
Fri Aug 17 16:20:21 2001

At 12:56 PM 8/17/01 -0700, Karl Wolz wrote:

>BTW) with credible results.  I think you might find the 270 to be a bit
>short for tighter portraits.  I thought the 360 was about as short as I
>wanted to go, and a 500 would be a bit better.

Hmm...I don't know, Karl; 500 sounds rather long to me.  When I'm doing
head-and-shoulders portrait shots on 35mm, my 105 is about ideal, and reall
close to being the equivalent of your 360.  Now, if you want to go really
*tight* on the head, I can see going a bit longer, but 500 sounds like a lot.

On second thought, that'd be roughly a 150 on 35mm, wouldn't it?  So,
perhaps it's not as much as I thought -- it just *sounds* like a whacking
great lens!

Please forgive the thinking out loud...it's much too warm in here, for a
photographer of little brain.

Cheers,
\dw