[LargeFormat] UK lens/shutter repairers

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jul 26 07:36:07 2001

At 11:25 26/07/01 +0100, LargeFormat@davidmorton.org wrote:
>Clive Warren wrote:
>>
>>"Mine is in a studio shutter which does not have synch and only one set of
>>blades for aperture and shutter. Have been thinking about putting it in a
>>Betax or Ilex shutter for a while.  Would be interested to know the size of
>>the Betax shutter and perhaps you would be willing to post a photo in the
>>Lens topic on the f32 Forum.  Contact me off list at forum@f32.net and I'll
>>sign you up so you can post the photo.  Will also then post one of the lens
>>in a studio shutter.
>

>It's a Betax No 5 shutter, I'll take a picture of it when I have a moment.
>I'd be *very* interested in any contact details you or anyone else can come
>up with for shutter repairers in the London area.
>
>The glass is in good condition, and the shutter times aren't too bad now
>I've given it a bit of exercise. I would like the softness control to be
>easier to move (it takes a fair bit of force with the lens off the camera to
>move it now).

Ah, thought it may be the big one - I have a couple of Betax No4s around
which are part of lenses that I wouldn't mind sharing a shutter but guess
I'm still looking for a Betax or Ilex No5.  Thanks, would be great to have
the photo for the forum. Will sign you up so you can post it there or I
could do it for you....

Have been dredging old pieces of paper for any details of shutter repairers
but see that we now have a list from Philip so will relax on that front
:-)  Probably worth getting the shutter CLA'd - probably a lot of dust
mixed up with that old oil!

The thread on the front softness control is very fine so be careful with it
- probably best to allow the repairer to dismantle and clean the thing
completely. Sounds as if some paint may have reached the threads. There is
a bit more info. on this in the old archives as I mentioned before.

Anyway, you have a fine lens there - if you come across a spare Betax or
Ilex No5 then let me know :-)