[LargeFormat] UK lens/shutter repairers

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 24 15:12:21 2001

I have here a nice 12 inch Velostigmat in a Betax shutter. It's in pretty
good condition, but the variable softness ring is very stiff and the shutter
times are off. Does anyone know of a UK equivalent of Mr S.K. Grimes, who
could do good things to it for me?

I got it cheap with an Eastman 2D. The Eastman's in very nice condition but
someone had managed to repaint the Velostigmat's barrel and in the process
cover up the softness markings and jammed the lens on 5 (maximum softness).
I'm so grateful for that, it took two minutes to free it up and reset it to
'0' and I think their efforts saved me quite a bit of money. :-)

--
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.