[LargeFormat] Rodenstock Web Site?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 17 11:58:06 2001

At 12:21 16/07/01 -0500, Pam Niedermayer wrote:
>It is very heavy, too heavy for me to carry around; but a big strong
>fellow like yourself.... <vbg>
>
>Anyhow, sometime in Oct we plan to take a trip to Big Bend NP; so if
>you find it convenient to swing east a bit, would love to meet you.
>
>Austin isn't desert, although it can get dry during drought, have to
>go a bit west of here for the sand and cactus.
>
>Pam
huge snip

Even this big strong fellow starts to wilt in the hot desert sun carrying a
couple of heavy bags, camera(s) and a tripod :-)

It will probably be October before the first opportunity to take a break
this year.  I have to do a bit of clever financial management to sort the
trip but it is still a possibility.  This is the real driver to finding a
lightweight 300mm lens as I found that a longer lens was needed on several
occasions during the last trip.  The longest I had was a 203mm and in some
cases, walking closer would have had me over the precipice and in freefall
for a while :-)

Would be great to meet up if I can get over that far East. Please tell me
more about the Big Bend NP!