[LargeFormat] 300mm

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 17 07:00:04 2001

At 08:24 16/07/01 +0100, philip Lambert wrote:
>I haven't taken my "new" mahogany 10x8 into the field yet but   I expect to
>use my Repro Claron 305mm f9, one of a batch on sale at Mr Cad who charged
>me just over =A3200 for a nice one with a serviced shutter. I think this=
 has
>more elements than the Apo Ronar but the aperture is the same so presumably
>it is better in some way.At this minute the sun is shining on South :London
snip

Thanks for the pointer Philip - will give Mr CAD a call - is the Claron in=
=20
a Copal #1 shutter? The Claron is a fine lens - probably needs to be=20
stopped down a bit to get the best out of it at infinity.  Would be good to=
=20
hear how you rate the lens after using it on your 8x10 - am guessing that=20
you will be using B/W film and contact printing.  The results will probably=
=20
be stunning :-)

Using the Repro Claron an 4x5 may be a little more demanding due to the=20
enlarging process.

At this minute it is raining (again) in Bristol - at least the wind has=20
dropped off so that you don't need a ship anchor chained to the tripod to=20
stop it being blown away......