[LargeFormat] Omega D2 Enlarger repairs

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon May 28 13:14:51 2001

It's a counter balance spring that is used to help lift the carriage.

Allow me to digress.

Houses from the twenties used double hung windows with heavy sash
weights inside the wall and a pulley at the top of the window frame to
run the sash cord.

The Pulman Spring Company of Rochester NY made a flat spring that took
the place of the pulley in the window frame. it was round on the end and
had two wings.

------JUST LIKE THE COUNTER BALANCE ON OLDER OMEGAS

Infact I've heard that Pullman was an OEM suppler to omega.

Les