[LargeFormat] Enlargers......

jpetrush largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 30 21:30:01 2001

I know that is a tad OT, but I hope the collective wisdom of the group can
help me steer clear of making too many beginners mistakes.  I am looking to
replace my medium format (6x6 cm) enlarger with a 4x5 so I can further enjoy
my monorail view.  Beseler and Omega seem to command a very high market
share, but I've heard a fair amount of discussion of Durst here and recently
discovered Saunders LPL.  I print mostly color negative to date but have
done a fair amount of B&W and Cibachrome (Ilfochrome) over the years.  Color
is an absolute requirement.  I just don't have the space to have to
enlargers - my darkroom is tiny, just 5x8 feet.

Most work is 8x10 or 11x14, 16x20 is my current maximum size.  Please share
your objective opinions and experiences.  My wife is having a weak moment; I
get one shot to do this right <g>

jp