[LargeFormat] List Activity and Hello!

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 26 14:20:01 2001

Alas, she is not genetically disposed to LF as we are. She has a wacky
idea that it's the end result and not the process that most important.
She's seen me use my Graphics and my 5x7 2D, but thinks it takes too
long to get the result.

She uses a Pentax MG (no relation to Mr. Morrison's Garage, but a slight
parallel to Lucas wiring) that's at least 25 years old, has a hard time
focusing a 28mm so sticks with a 50mm. Doesn't even use a zoom, and
refuses to get anything new.  The meter is at least two stops fast
according to my very accurate Minolta meter and yet gets great shots
with 100 speed film (won't use anything else--too grainy)

She keeps quoting my old band teacher, "If it's not baroque, not fix it!"