[LargeFormat] Weekend shooting

Don Wilkes largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 26 14:00:40 2001

At 05:27 PM 4/26/01 +0100, Clive Warren wrote:

>Well at least you have some spectacular wildlife to look at even if the
>weather is bad.

It's not so much 'bad' as frustratingly changeable. Well, it is spring, I
suppose, and one has to expect that.

> They seem to be shooting all of our animals here in the UK

It's so depressing...not much else could really be done, considering the
emergency, but a lot of personal lives must be reduced to absolute hell,
and it'll take the agricultural economy a long, long time to recover.
Prince Charles arrived here in Canada yesterday, and even he had to step
onto a disinfectant mat upon disembarking the aircraft.

>camera along for the trip although not large format.  Was tempted to take
>the Korona 4x5 on the train but had enough to carry with all the work

I keep trying to figure out how to drag the old Calumet rail to work, so I
could do a bit of lunchtime noodling with it, but the logistics seem
daunting.  I take the bus to work, and already contend with a soft-sided
attache case (holding vital things such as my lunch and a stash of photo
mags), and the critical travelling-mug of well-sugared coffee.  Bringing
along the LARGE camera case, tripod, plus Nikon bag (my only light meter at
the moment) too would seem to require acquiring a porter or general
dogsbody -- and funds for that are remarkably scarce at the moment...  Drat.

>The whole of Trafalgar Square is being boarded over at the moment for a big
>concert on Sunday which includes REM (the band).

I'm not a major REM fan, although my sweetie is; Paul Simon and Tom Waits
are more my taste.  Isn't Trafalgar Square a bit of an odd venue for a pop
concert??  My admitedly small stash of mental images of it bring up a
traffic roundabout more than any sort of park.

>Took an infrared snap with a digital camera as a marker and reminder.

Digital infrared??  I didn't know this was possible.  What sort of machine
did you use?

Back to the salt mines for me, then.
Cheers,
\dw