[LargeFormat] Planning Advice

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Sun Apr 1 08:46:07 2001

I am looking for advice on a 'new' LF kit.

To try LF I picked up a Calumet C400 & B&J Press Camera with some older lens
(I primarily use a Wollensak 162 & Kodak 127) & shutters. Well I love it and
have decided to upgrade my kit.

I am interested primarily in landscape photography and I will be taking my
gear backpacking (I have three week-long trips planned in the Canadian
Rockies this summer). It is my expectation that I will end up with a normal
rail camera as well as a field camera, but the field is a priority.

I am looking for:
	- full range of movement
	- durability
	- light as a feather (my 7 & 9 year-old sons think of me as their
porter)

I am also looking for advice on lens & shutters. In 35mm I normally use a
24, 28, 100 & 300mm.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Hornford