[LargeFormat] paper negs

Don Wilkes largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 15 14:54:08 2001

At 01:56 PM 3/15/01 -0500, TigerShark wrote:
>Contact printing with paper as the negative..... I think the paper base acts
>as a very yellow filter, hence grade 0 prints.  Add magenta filters or blue
>filters to compensate.  Also try printing on graded paper, which is just
>mostly blue sensitive.

Graded paper is virtually extinct in these parts (Victoria, BC, Canada), so
the comments on going magenta are well taken.

>I am almost sure that soon you will be making photograms as well.....
>Contact printing seems very inspiring sometimes.

I can see photograms in my future -- when my sweetie's grandchildren get a
bit older (they're 3 and under), and come up from the States to visit.  No
doubt they'll find grandpa's darkroom a weird and magical place, especially
after we do some photograms of their favourite marbles or glass ear-rings
or something!

Cheers,
\dw