[LargeFormat] GranView Camera?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 14 06:02:00 2001

At 20:47 13/03/01 -0500, CLARINETJK@aol.com wrote:
>I've used the GranView 4x5. You most certainly need to go wide with lots of
>DOF. Check out what lens the GranView was originally made to use. The depth
>of the lens cone is critical as focus can be adjusted only a small amount. I
>used a 90 Angulon and got great results. Also, the spring back will not take
>Polaoid or Grafmatic holders so you are pretty much limited as to speed. Let
>me know any other questions you may have. John K

Ah...... now I remember that a GranView is a lightweight wide angle camera
:-)  Saw one go through EBay a while ago and seems an interesting camera.

Douglas - the advantage of an old press camera in street shooting is that
it can also be used as an effective deterrent to muggers if you hold onto
the handle and swing it ;-)

All the best,
                 Clive   http://www.f32.net
                         Large Format Travel and Stock Photography