[LargeFormat] Seeking info: B&J No 3a Rexo

Don Wilkes largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 1 11:48:02 2001

Does anyone out there know much about a B&amp;J No 3a Rexo?&nbsp; One of
my buddies (not seriously into photography) picked one up cheap, and is
curious. Although I know the B&amp;J name, I'm not all that familiar with
them, let alone this model.&nbsp;&nbsp; See below for what he
wrote:<br>
In my junkshop noon ramble today I picked up an old&nbsp; (patent says
1915), and large, American-made &quot;Burke and James Inc - No 3a
Rexo&quot; camera and carrying case.&nbsp; It's a folding, bellows-type
beast with adjustable f stops/shutter speed etc - really well made and
bulletproof looking for the the vintage.&nbsp; I took a look on the net
and ran into a some of their later press cameras, folding field cameras
and large format view cameras but nothing on any model this old.&nbsp;
Do you know anything about these beasts?<br>