[LargeFormat] ScanMaker4 and posted image

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Feb 13 18:13:21 2001

Well, I finally got around to upgrading the Mac with more RAM and
carefully unpacked the new ScanMaker4.  After trying to turn the
scanner on for half an hour I gave up!

The scanner was faulty and had to be returned.  The suppliers were
good about sending a replacement and within 24 hours another scanner
arrived which is now set up and working :-)

Before even calibrating the thing I quickly took a trannie from the
top of the pile of 4x5s from the last South West USA trip and fired
it up. The result is at
http://www.f32.net/cgi-local/discus/show.cgi?16/67 which is the
f32.net  Discussion Forum.

I guess it is going to be a long night as there are many more
trannies sitting here waiting to be scanned and the only thing to
stop me will be disk space. The scanner came with SilverScan software
- which seems to be a very capable application. The densitometer
window is particularly useful.

Anyway, thought you may be interested and expect to see the f32.net
Galleries populated soon :-)
--
All the best,

             Clive Warren   http://www.f32.net
                            Large Format travel and stock photography