[LargeFormat] Newbie Here

Pam Niedermayer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Feb 1 18:06:04 2001

True, which is why I said something like "...if I were to spend that
much money...", they're all too expensive for my hobby, especially
compared to my little Gowland, which used cost a grand total of $300,
have seen a couple or three more around for less than $500. However,
the Gowlands have shorter bellows and are missing things like auto
detents for zeroing out movements; but since I found a really cool,
ancient telephoto, the bellows just aren't an issue for me. Auto
detents I can make myself, or at least can mark the significant points
without any trouble.

AFAIK, the new Phillips are mdf; but I played a few minutes with a
friend's 4x5, it's a very cool, very lightweight, very compact camera
with a nice long (19"?) bellows. Some of the hardware is quite
ingenious, as is the bellows material. I'm sure Ted Harris will chime
in here any minute now with more Phillips info.

Pam

--
Pamela G. Niedermayer
Pinehill Softworks Inc.