[LargeFormat] Newbie Here

Pam Niedermayer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Feb 1 17:20:06 2001

Oh, I like the looks of the Ebony's, just way too expensive for my
blood. However, if I were to spend that kind of money, I'd probably
lean toward a Canham or Phillips. Not sure why exactly, maybe just
because they're in the US, readily available, and with Dick Phillips
in particular being so supportive of the large format community. Maybe
Keith (?) Canham is also, I just don't hear about it. However, I'm not
all that crazy about buying a mdf based camera, so a Canham metal job
is very attractive.

I'll be selling the Wisner very soon, it's just too heavy for me,
using the Gowland as a daily camera. Meanwhile, I'm building a couple
of 8x10's for me and a friend, will see how they turn out before even
thinking of buying something else.

Pam