[LargeFormat] LF Camera Case

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jan 18 19:58:01 2001

At 7:42 am -0800 12/1/01, Paul and Paula Butzi wrote:
big snip
>Cameraworld.com (aka Cameraworld of Oregon) lists the Omni-Trekker at
>US$ 179, and a Pelican 1550 with foam at US$122, quite a bit cheaper than
>the UK prices.  You might check with B&H.  Pelican cases are used
>quite a lot by SCUBA divers, you might check at marine shops, etc.
>or expedition outfitters instead of camera shops.
>
>I don't know if those are the lowest US prices, it was just the first place I
>checked.  I do seem to recall that cheaper prices on the Pelican cases
>can be found from internet places that cater to the diving crowd.
>
>-Paul

Paul,

Thank you for the additional information.

Will be having a good look around on the web before my next trip to
South West USA.

Your solution does seem to be pretty good - and using the bag slung
under the tripod is a good idea as it should keep the whole plot a
little more stable also.

Could have done with that solution in Canyonlands when setting up for
a breathtaking panorama. The wind started up and every time I headed
back to the bag I was keeping an eye on the camera and tripod stuck
at the edge of a 500ft sheer drop. I did manage to lose a couple of
things blown over the edge.  Part of the delights of doing it all on
you own :-)
--
All the best,

             Clive Warren   http://www.f32.net
                            Large Format travel and stock photography