[LargeFormat] more on batteries

Don Wilkes largeformat@f32.net
Wed Dec 13 17:02:05 2000

>>http://www.acecam.com/magazine/battery1.html

>The URL above did not work for me.

I don't know what to suggest, Clive; I just clicked on the link as
presented in your reply, and got to the appropriate page immediately.  It's
an older article, but still reachable through the index.  Try this:
 Go to www.acecam.com
 Click on "magazines"
 Click on "Archive" from the list on the left.
 Under product reviews, look for: "MR-9 Battery Adapter saves old cameras
from..."
That'll be it.

>A quick recommendation - I bought a silver oxide battery to mercury
>converter a while ago.

Ah -- this must be the MR-9 or equivalent.

>replaces PN625, PX625, HD625, RM625, 4625, H-D and MR9 1.35 Volt
>batteries.

Varta still makes the PX-625, according to this article:

"Varta in Germany continues to manufacture mercury photo cells, according
to a recent visit to their web site. Some recent postings in newsgroups
indicate there are Canadian mail order sources for mercury batteries.
Mercury batteries are still manufactured in Asia and Europe and will
continue to be available there for the foreseeable future. (Availability is
subject to change at any time.)"

If you have further trouble accessing that web site, let me know, and I'll
grab the whole text and forward it to you, Clive.

All the best,
\don