[LargeFormat] Enlargers and Glass Neg Holders

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Dec 7 19:51:10 2000

At 6:01 pm -0600 7/12/00, Lee Carmichael wrote:
>Clive,
>         One other thing I think is important is not to really smash
>the two glasses and the negative together.  That Elwood pressed them
>together but did not really press them down hard. I am struggling to
>find the words here but the idea is Newton Rings can be avoided.

Ah, I get the idea. Have a feeling that the Durst Nega 138 is pretty
good at clamping the neg carriers fairly tightly so I may not have
the option of a "kissing" rather than clamping contact. Am hoping
that the design of the neg. holder is such that the neg is just held
in the glass rather than clamped. Haven't tried this out yet.  Guess
it'll have to wait until I return from a trip after the weekend.

The top glass will be fine as it is anti-Newton ie slightly frosted.
The bottom glass has the potential for rings but will keep my fingers
crossed and try not to raise too much dust ;-)

--
All the best,

             Clive Warren   http://www.f32.net
                            Large Format travel and stock photography