[Jacob-list] Jacob-list Digest, Vol 136, Issue 2

Lynette Frick lynettefrick at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 02:32:04 EDT 2015

How many apples? Lots? Could be acidosis if it was rather sudden. If she can get up, when she runs or moves suddenly does she slosh? They make a very distinctive watery slosh when they have acidosis. Mould from the bottom of grass can also cause acidosis. It's serious and needs quick treatment if that's what it is.

If you are in an area prone to fly, if she gets pooey trim her up immediately. Handshears are handy, cheapish, and could save a lot of heartache if you don't want to buy clippers. Make sure the trimmed area isn't then covered by overhanging wool. I'm a professional shearer, I've seen fly strike kill sheep in 4-5 days. It's preventable, and unacceptable.

Lynette
Four Points Shearing