[Jacob-list] FAVORITE LAMB RECIPES?

Zach Oaster zach at fattoaster.com
Tue Jan 28 11:44:31 EST 2014

A couple of my favorite lamb preparations are linked below...

Here is a *great* recipe for lamb shanks:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/rosemary-braised-lamb-shanks/

Here is my recipe for lamb chops with a red wine reduction:
http://fattoasterfarm.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/recipe-local-lamb-chops-with-red-wine-reduction/

and I made shanks (but you could use stew meat, or a roast, or any other
cut really) using this curry recipe a few nights ago and it was a huge hit:
http://indianfood.about.com/od/lambdishes/r/Lamb-Curry-Meat-Curry.htm

or here is a Jamie Oliver lamb coconut curry recipe that is spectacular:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jamie-oliver/lamb-curry-recipe.html

...and with any of the curry recipes, you can use larger cuts of meat and
use the curry as a slow cooking sauce if you just increase the sauce
quantity and put it all in (except for garnish/finish ingredients) right at
the beginning. Just make sure you give sufficient "low and slow" cooking
times with the big cuts.

I have more but I'll stop myself. Joy, do you have a specific style of food
that you like (meat and potatoes, Italian, etc)?

-Zach Oaster
zach at FatToasterFarm.com