[Jacob-list] White Sheep

Hettick, Heather hettick.1 at osu.edu
Thu May 2 08:34:48 EDT 2013

I had a white two horned Jacob ram lamb born one year, around 2000 or so, and at the time I had no non-Jacob rams. He was a twin with a nicely marked sister and his mother rejected him. We tried tying her and holding her to get her to accept him and to let him nurse, but it didn't work and he turned in to a bummer lamb - nursing from all the moms. I think we must have bottle fed him some too as I remember him being really tame and we sold him locally as a pet wether. At the time we assumed he was a big spot, but never considered breeding him. I have had a couple other really light Jacobs born, but I had always preferred too dark to too light anyway so there weren't too many.

Heather Hettick
Creston, OH
Moonstruck Farm