[Jacob-list] Small lamb

Peg Bostwick peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
Mon Feb 25 17:39:03 EST 2013

Hi, Catherine. Yes, it is fairly common to have a smaller twin. You can
always offer a bottle to supplement the little one, but in my experience the
little ones quickly learn to get their share - they typically refuse the
offer of a supplement. Just make sure that the little one finds the teat
and gets a good meal asap. Also, make sure that both teats are providing
milk. Once s/he's found the food supply, you are probably okay, but watch
the lambs closely for a couple of days to make sure that they are both
eating. If little one is weak and hasn't gotten a good start, you may want
to hold or remove the more aggressive lamb now and then to give the little
one an undisturbed meal.

Have fun! Peg

Peg Bostwick

peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com