[Jacob-list] Floppy lamb

Donnangelo, Nick ncd at mitre.org
Mon Apr 22 16:49:09 EDT 2013

One of our new ewes gave birth to a normal ewe lamb but a profoundly weak ram lamb. The ram lamb is completely unable to stand but is capable of dragging himself. We managed to get about 40cc of colustrum from ewe and tubed him. We have been tubing with sheep milk replacer but last night we decided to bring him inside and he immediately took to a bottle. Alert, is able to support head and sit prone but completely unable to stand. Vet recommended giving it a few days. Wondering if anyone could provide advice/experiences/prognosis? Thanks

Nick
Shiloh Manor
Purcellville, VA