[Jacob-list] processing

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Sat Nov 17 21:28:54 EST 2012

I spoke with my fiber processor at SAFF about my higher than usual loss
on my last run. Some people thought that because of our exceptionally
wet and muddy winter the raw fleeces would be dirtier. My processor said
he didn't notice that my fleeces were especially mud caked. He did say
that the carder tends to toss out shorter fibers so if I had sent a
batch with mixed length fibers I would lose more. I did send a couple of
runs sorted by color which included varied staples lengths. I think that
is probably the reason I had a higher loss on some runs.
Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>