[Jacob-list] Jacobs

Carl Fosbrink fourhornfarm at frontier.com
Mon Nov 5 12:36:48 EST 2012

Hello All,

I just wanted to brag on our breed's meat quality. I sold a Jacob to a person who had bought from me before, but the last time she bought from a person with a modern breed of sheep that was close to home. She said the taste of the modern breed was awful compared to the Jacob meat. I also had a woman who said she did not like sheep meat so I gave her a package to try and she came back and said it tasted wonderful and wanted to buy some more so eat those Jacobs you do not keep for breeders or sell as breeders and you will have some good eating.
I sell app. 80% of my lamb crop each year for meat and keep only 20% to sell as breeders. I let people kill them here so I know they are actually eating them and that they are not going into the gene pool.

Carl Fosbrink
Seymour, IN.