[Jacob-list] need advice on breeding groups

Carl Fosbrink fourhornfarm at frontier.com
Sat Nov 3 13:47:21 EDT 2012

What you are referring to is compensation mating. Putting an animal that is lacking in a certain trait with one who is good in that trait. It is a good idea, but you are only dealing with one or two offspring at a time so the desired results may or may not occur in the one or two offspring produced. Please don't forget to keep conformation, spotting pattern, hardiness etc. in mind also when breeding your Jacobs.