[Jacob-list] Help with Jacob ewe

b.d. alittlebatty at gmail.com
Thu May 10 16:50:19 EDT 2012

Hello there! I've got a year old four horned jacob ewe who has some
peculiar eating habits and I'm wondering if I should be concerned. We
raised her on a bottle from two days old, if that matters.
We have two sheep and they have access to many different environments to
forage in (grasses, woodland, pasture) during the day and at night they
are put up in a roomy stall w/ Dumor sheep pellets, some copper-free all
stock mixed in and several flakes of hay. They also have loose minerals in
a dish and a mineral rock in the pasture. The ewe would rather spend her
day licking the cattle panel fences, trying to eat wiring out of anything
she can find a way to, eating any tarps that have come loose enough for her
to get a hold of etc. etc. The wether she's paired with finds plenty of
delicious green things to eat and really enjoys browsing and munching,
whereas she likes to pick a spot (one thing to try and ruin) and focus on
it until I chase her away.
Her old wool is starting to pull away from the new wool on her head. I
don't know if that's just part of the grow out process or an indication of
a more serious problem.
Any help/advice is appreciated!