[Jacob-list] WHITE LAMBS

Peg Bostwick peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
Wed Mar 28 19:00:43 EDT 2012

Not for a long time, but during our first couple of years with the Jacobs,
we did have a set of triplets with two of the three all white (with blue
eyes). Pre-registry, so it was hard to track where it came from, but Ingrid
Painter does mention this happening in her book on Jacobs, and provides a
couple of possible genetic explanations. Ours wound up in our mixed
(commercial) flock, and their lambs looked like any other Jacob crosses -
mostly dark with badger markings.

Peg

Peg Bostwick
peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com