[Jacob-list] 2012 AGM details

Jennifer gotothewhip at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 17:39:05 EDT 2012

2012 Jacob Sheep AGM Details
The 2012 JSBA AGM is set to be held at the Adams County Fairgrounds August 24-26 2012. The location of the fairgrounds is 9755 Henderson Rd., Brighton, CO 80601. Denver International Airport is the closest airport, and is only 15 minutes from the fairgrounds.
There will be AMPLE room for show sheep, as well as pens for sheep that are for sale. We will also offer booth space for anyone who wants to set one up. All activities will take place in the Indoor Arena.
Hotels in the Brighton Area include:
Hampton Inn $109
Comfort Inn $99
Super 8 $62
Best Western $99
Holiday Inn Express $120
The Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn may offer special pricing to AGM as we get closer.
Adams County Fairgrounds also has RV hookups with both power and water at $15 per night.
The fairgrounds has the ability to house sheep for early arrival. They will be put into the horse stalls that are in the building next to where AGM will be held, so if anyone wants to come in early with their sheep to see Colorado early, we can set that up. If enough folks are interested in Colorado tourism, or sheep industry stuff in Colorado I would be happy to set up that kind of thing either before or after AGM

We will have a sheep show, fleece show and a few workshops.
In addition to AGM, The Colorado State Fair in Pueblo will be offering Jacob classes in the days that follow AGM. Anyone interested in showing can haul directly from AGM, and move right into the Colorado State Fair. Please contact me for more information.
We will be offering micron testing on fleeces this year at AGM. You will need a few locks from each animal in separate ziplock bags for this purpose, if you are interested in learning your micron size.
If you would like to use a local fiber mill for processing (there are several) please feel free to bring your fleeces with you. We can deliver large loads of well identified fleeces to a few of the mills. That should save some shipping costs.
We will be offering a Junior show this year for the youth. Classes will be announced as the date nears. This should be a good opportunity for the younger breeders to get their sheep seen by breeders and others in the JSBA.
We are also anticipating offering a ewe lead/spinners lead type class. Details on this event are still being developed, but I wanted to get this information out to all of you, so you have time to plan your outfits!

Finally, we will be looking for sponsors and volunteers to help with this years AGM. If you are interested in helping at all, I would love to talk to you!

Here is a Map of the Adams County Fairgrounds:
http://www.co.adams.co.us/DocumentView.aspx?DID=291

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn Ranch