[Jacob-list] Export to Canada?

Royal Unzicker runzicker at verizon.net
Tue Mar 13 12:46:03 EDT 2012

Mark, I am not the one who wrote about it but we did sell ten lambs to a Canadian breeder several years ago. It need not be a complicated process although ours did drag on. But only because the clearing person in our state capital was not cooperative. By accident I discovered our local vet's secretary had a working relationship with him. Once she got involved it was a matter of days until everything was approved. The Canadian buyer sent us all the papers we needed to have signed etc. The expense was all the buyers. With the necessary paper work in hand, crossing the border was not an issue. However, I understand that can depend on who is manning the border patrol at a given time. I was told that horses and cattle are more frequently transported across, usually at major crossings. These people are more familiar with animal crossings and are more cooperative. So I am told.
Royal