[Jacob-list] Weaning

Jennifer gotothewhip at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 00:41:52 EDT 2012

We keep the lambs in the pen they have been in with their Moms.....Move the ewes so they have access to the fence to see, smell and touch the lambs for about 2 days and then the ewes get moved to a pen away from the lambs......Im a big believer in leaving the lambs in the pen they are familiar with.... they are comfortable with their surroundings feel secure, know where the water is, nothing changes except Mom isnt there to provide milk....

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn Ranch