[Jacob-list] horn injury

Peg Bostwick peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
Mon Jun 4 18:30:50 EDT 2012

Hi, Christi. One of the main things is to keep flies out of the wound.
Depending on where you live, that may or may not be a problem this time of
year. There are some wound ointments/sprays out there (animal feed store,
TSC, whatever) that will help keep flies off. Vaseline if nothing else.
Once it scabs over/is dry, this is not so much of a problem. Keep an eye
on it though.

Frustrating when they break a horn, but it happens. This guy is young
enough that it should grow back to a large extent. good luck. Peg

Peg Bostwick

peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com

517-626-6981