[Jacob-list] tails and what buyers like

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Fri Jun 1 10:53:21 EDT 2012

Hi Elaina,

I'm talking about the breeders market - not the ethnic market.

From what I understand about the Islamic market, a docked tail is
considered a blemish and some occasions call for an unblemished animal.
I've had some that won't take a ram with a broken horn. That is rare,
though. I haven't had any mention the tails, but I'm guessing that some
ethnic buyers don't realize that the tail has been docked. I'm pretty
far from the the big ethnic markets, so my experience is limited.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>