[Jacob-list] JSBA Newsletter - November Edition

Jacobflock at aol.com Jacobflock at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 23:12:38 EST 2012

Dear Listers - Scotland vet services has reported a fatal case of
lysosomal storage disease in a 7 month old ewe from small flock of 19 sheep. The
mutation is yet to be identified but there is a working hypothesis that it
is the same mutation as was identified in the Jacob flock in England ...
identical to the mutation from Turner 183K .... identical to the 170 sheep
with the G444R mutation identified in US flocks. Next places ??? perhaps
Ireland and stock exported to Europe. As we move into lambing season please
watch for congenital problems and seek help; as they go thru their first
year watch for signs that signal abnormal development... perhaps other
metabolic disorders. Regards - Fred Horak

In a message dated 11/2/2011 6:49:59 P.M. Central Daylight Time,