[Jacob-list] lateral horn in new position

Peg Bostwick peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
Tue Dec 25 00:56:36 EST 2012

Lasell - I had the outer part of a horn "hanging" somewhat loose like that
on a half grown lamb once, and just left it. It eventually fused in that
position, and then was too close to his jaw and I eventually had to trim it
a LOT. I won't do that again. I have had luck with SOME lambs in pulling
it back closer to the correct position, and taping it in place, with some
fairly heavy tape like duct tape. Looks awful, but can hold it in place
until it grows back together. We sort of figure-8 the tape around the upper
horns to hold it in place. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes, the horn gets knocked loose again, or it just doesn't fuse. But
it is worth a try and will at least keep it from fusing in the wrong
position. You will have to leave it taped up for quite awhile.

Good luck.... Peg

Peg Bostwick
peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
517-626-6981