[Jacob-list] felting on the live sheep

Elizabeth Strub hobbyknobfarm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 09:14:24 EDT 2012

I have seen this more on my long wools and particularly with lambs that don't get tipped as the ends are finer and they will stick together, I often hear that referred to as cotting. I would imagine that if they get wet and rub on fence posts or anything that may act like agitation they could felt. I haven't had alot of felting on my Jacobs but I have occasionally had chunks of wool that may be longer for some reason felt together. My fleeces are fairly dense though, I wonder if it would be more common on a longer fleece that is more open?

Elizabeth B. Strub
www.hobbyknobfarm.com