[Jacob-list] Black Jocobs?

Neal Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Wed Aug 8 10:30:51 EDT 2012

Jacob X colored Corriedale is notorious for producing spotting, though they seldom have horns. You can get very nice horns in a Jacob cross if you cross to a Rambouliet(sp?) or other breed with symmetrical horns. It is still almost impossible to get the full gamut of true Jacob characteristics in crossbreds in 2 generations. The hardest trait to reproduce is the open fleece. Any other crossbred (with the possible exception of Finn) will have a heavier fleece than we should expect a Jacob to have.

Neal