[Jacob-list] Heat related deaths?

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Thu Aug 2 19:36:26 EDT 2012

So sorry to hear about your loss. It's so rough to lose one.
Any time I see one sheep that is more heat stressed than the rest of the
flock, I look for a cause. It's my thought that there is some reason
that the heat is affecting this one sheep more than the others. In my
area, my first guess is anemia, but it doesn't sound like that was the
reason for your boy.
As Neal mentions, some plants are more toxic as they wilt and some sheep
get lazy and will eat plants they normally wouldn't.
Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>